What does it mean to be an advisor
It is an opportunity to come alongside a young lady in her journey with God. It is to help her in her in her daily life to become Christ-like, make godly decisions, and overcome obstacles.
Depending on your location and how many girls sign up in your area, you will be assigned to at least one girl, with the possibility of but no more than, five girls.
You will be mentored by Pastor Sheila Bowling as you grow in your leadership with these young ladies.
January through March will be preparation to become an advisor with the Gritty leadership team and Pastor Sheila Bowling. This will require you to be available beginning in January for empowerment day (TBA), contacting your assigned girls and their parents, and getting prepared for the responsibilities of being an advisor.
An advisor's responsibility are as following:
- Regularly checking in with your assigned girls via text message and phone calls
- Be available for prayer and counseling
- Have 1:1 time with the girls
- Attend 2 Facebook lives per month
- Maintain detailed records of the girls, and their monthly devotionals
- Attend a one day training on Empowerment Day in January lead by Pastor Sheila at Eagle Rock Church
- Attend encounter week with Pastor Sheila, all advisors and all girls
- Attend Gritty Women/Girls conferences